The most effective brands trigger consumers’ emotions, yet these powerful five are among the most difficult to create:
Here are seven things worth considering
- Emotions ARE effective
- People buy because they feel like it, so make them feel something
- Consider all of the senses… even online
- Weave your brand into a narrative
- Use your brand history to create new memories
- If you’re a new, challenger brand – borrow brand nostalgia
- If something doesn’t repeat, it’s probably not important
I was really excited and pleased to speak at this years EAIE conference held in Geneva.
Working with Nottingham Trent University we were asked to help develop a recruitment campaign to attract leading research academics. People who had big ideas and were looking for a place to make those ideas a reality.
Developing a new brand identity for one of Africa’s largest distribution companies
Winning hearts and minds. Emotional Branding were asked to develop an internal brand narrative that would inspire and align employees around the future direction of NATS commercial strategy. NATS is the UK’s air traffic control organisation.
Richard, a member of the ICARe Alumni planning committee, will be running one of several co-creation workshops on the 11th May 2018, University Miguel Hernández, Avinguda de la Universitat d’Elx, s/n, 03202 Elx, Elche (Alicante), Spain