Jerry has more than 25 years’ experience in marketing communications, principally in relationship management via direct marketing, but also through publishing, advertising and press relations. During 5 years in the higher education sector, he created a framework for significant fundraising in the collegiate environment of Oxford University. Providing persuasive copywriting and creative design, Jerry has made more than 2 million alumni contacts, via Annual Fund mailings and telethons, and brochures and advertising for Legacies fundraising and Alumni Relations.
Fundraising proposal and mailer to establish new Fellowship, Wadham College, University of Oxford Design and copy for School brochure, Headington Girls School, Oxford Concept and consultancy for Alumni Magazine, Mansfield College, University of Oxford Design and copy for Conference Business brochure, Mansfield College, University of Oxford Website framework and copy for new Education Services offering, Leach Print, Abingdon.
- Set up direct mail programme as part of £1.2bn “Oxford Thinking” fundraising campaign.
- Headed up Individual Giving, including annual mailing, telethons & legacy gifts, raising £5m over 5 years.
- Managed creative agencies, database, auditable processes, legal interface, print and mailing houses.
- Secured participation of 20 Oxford Colleges in integrated Annual Fund mailings and telethons.
- Provided design and copy, print management, in-house mailers and critical forms design.
Pricing, business planning and market research: Lucas Industries, United Glass, Rank Xerox Customer relationship management, press relations, case study research and publishing, direct mail, data mining, newsletter production, events management: Intergraph Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric, Artisan Software Tools, Sophos.